Do you have something to share about WordPress that will benefit the community? Are you a dynamic and organized speaker who can engage an audience and deliver great value? We’d like to hear your idea for a 45 minute talk to be delivered as part of this event.
This Year’s Tracks
We will be offering two tracks this year, one for beginners and bloggers, and another on more advanced design or development topics.
We’re looking for a wide range of interesting and informative content for diverse audience with a lot of converging WordPress related interests. So fill out a speaker application!
The topics, tracks and schedule this year will be entirely dictated by you, the Speakers, based on what you are offering to present. That being said, if you are eager to present, but are looking for inspiration, here are some ideas to get you started:
- AODA Accessibility compliance
- Building accessible WordPress themes
- How to perform an accessibility audit
- Finding an accessible WordPress theme
- Accessible web forms
- A11y issues from the disabled perspective
- Theme development best practices
- Leveraging the WordPress plugin architecture
- WordPress Multisite best practices
- Leveraging the Transients API
- Development environment set-up and best practices
- How to code with unit testing
- Introduction to Backbone.js and WordPress
- Blog writing 101
- Using the new Media Galleries introduced in 3.8
- Working with video
- Creating and maintaining a bilingual website with WordPress
- Enhanced comments with third party services
- SEO best practices and plugins
- WordPress basics
- Women in WordPress / Girl Geeks
- WordPress-related Open Source projects looking for contributors
- Getting involved and contributing to WordPress
- Pricing WordPress-based projects
- WordPress project lifecycle
- The business of WordPress plugin/theme development
See something you’d like to talk about? AWESOME!
Don’t see your topic on this list? AWESOME!
Either way, if you’ve got an idea, please fill in the Speaker Submission Form, and we’ll be reviewing them on a FIFO (first-in first-out) basis.
** We’ll be accepting submissions until late April. Get yours in soon! **